2021 ISSUE 03: Fandom
In this listening comprehension exercise, we hear more about fandom activities and how some people are turning their hobbies and interests into careers.
You will hear an organiser of Singapore’s Comic Con share some tips for attending a fan convention.
As you listen, take note of the main ideas and details. Then, complete the graphic organiser. The first has been filled in for you as an example.
Questions 1 – 7
Main Idea: Tips on Convention Etiquette
– pick one to two things you absolutely want to see and do
– do not spend all your money at (1) ________________
– your costume weapon may be (2) ___________ if it is ________________
– bring a Sharpie marker and poster tube
Main Idea: Things to (3)_______________
– interact with new people and connect over common interests
– caters to a wide variety of interests
– presence of incredible 4) ________________
Main Idea: Beyond Comic Con – What is Next?
– after the event you might experience 5) ________________
– head over to www.singaporecomiccon.com for more information on (6) ____________________
– be sure to catch the (7) ____________________